Arthritis is something most of us deal with on a daily basis and can interrupt Daily life when it sets in. So how can we help ourselves with home remedies to help deal with those days when nothing seems to work.
- Turmeric- This plant has many benefits besides helping arthritis inflammation adding it to your diet along with exercise can also help your cardiovascular health as well. In India this is a staple in their culture and diet. What makes it so potent is the Curcumin a chemical found naturally in this plant that give it such a medicinal kick.
- Flax Seed- Mainly Flaxseed oil is a great thing to have in your kitchen as its anti inflammatory, and anti-arthritic especially those with RA or Rheumatoid Arthritis. It also is a wonder help reduce the pain of arthritis.
- Alfalfa- I know what your thinking isn’t this hay that is fed to cows…yes but it is indeed a plant none the less. It is actually a herb by classification and has many natural vitamins and minerals that is great to help ease the symptoms of RA as there is no cure for it and usually is a life long of taking different medications or injections.
- Cinnamon- Is usually in everyone’s kitchen unless your allergic to it then by all means avoid this one. If you can use it then this little gem has great anti-inflammatory agent, protects bone health, and helps regulate the immune system to reduce the damage from arthritis.
- Fish Oil- is a well known one but as with most of us who have taken it doesn’t taste that great but its benefits out weight that. If you have RA taking 2.6-3 grams a day will help you immensely in reducing joint inflammation.
- Eucalyptus Oil- use it to rub on joints here is a recipe I found. :
How to use Eucalyptus Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Take around 8 – 10 drops of Eucalyptus Oil, peppermint oil
- Take 3-5 drops of Moringa oil ( like olive oil )
- Mix all of them and store it in a dark place (in a bottle )
- Rub it onto aching joints and get an instant to relieve from pain
- Cherries- Now I am all about this one love me some cherries but who knew they could help with Arthritis…What? Cherries are a traditional folk medicine remedy for arthritis. They are rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids (including quercetin, a flavonoid that is believed to have particularly potent antioxidant activity), vitamin C, and beta-carotene.(https://www.sharecare.com/health/arthritis-treatment/how-cherries-ease-arthritis-symptoms)
- Borage Seed Oil- Borage seed oil is a nutritional supplement which is rich in essential fatty acids that can regulate the body’s immune system and fight joint inflammation. The available evidence suggests that borage seed oil may improve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.(https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/complementary-and-alternative-treatments/types-of-complementary-treatments/borage-seed-oil/)
- Ginger- Is also a natural painkiller for muscle or Joint pain. It also is an anti inflammatory, big antioxidants, and protect RA patients from complications of the disease.
- Black Cohosh- IS great in treating other issues with females but has shown to help those with arthritis and adding this supplement can give you some much needed relief.
- Sugar- not one I recommend as overall it snot good for your health
- Dandelion Leaves- everyone know what this guy looks like as most people think of it as a weed but this little miracle herb has so many uses and benefits one is the leaves to help with arthritis…According to The University of Maryland Medical Centre, the herb is packed with the vitamins A, B, C, and D, plus the minerals iron, potassium, and zinc. The younger, tender leaves are the most palatable and beneficial.(http://glutathionepro.com/10-herbs-that-help-reduce-arthritis-and-joint-pain/)
These are must haves in any kitchen and easy to use in many ways…
Supplementing these herbs and fruits into your diet will help you overall gut health which in turn helps your overall health.