So recently I have been reading some great books that range in subject.. I will cover them here and give my opinions on them, but these are all good reads in my mind.
- Murphy-Hiscock, Arin. The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More . Adams Media. Kindle Edition. This book right here is a treasure Trove of information and a good reference guide for the budding Green Witch she really explains the in’s and out’s of Green Witchcraft and she goes through how to keep a Green Witch Garden. This book also covers how to prepare herbs, extracting the magic and medicinal uses of herbs along with the methods of doing so. This is a great book for a beginner, or expert.
- Patterson, Rachel. A Kitchen Witch’s World of Magical Herbs & Plants . John Hunt Publishing. Kindle Edition. This is another great refernce guid for Herbal enthusiest and Godd for beginner Kitchen Witches as well. I loved this book when I read it has a wealth of knowledge to behold. They cover everything from how to dry them, what there name was in victorian time, elemental correspondance etc… Great refernce book to keep on hand.
- Martin, Deborah. A Green Witch’s Cupboard . The Herby Lady, LLC. Kindle Edition. Not only for the green Witches out there, but anyone looking for some guidance on a home apothecary I turned to this book right here. They cover a treasure trove of herbs and in detail its a wonderful edition to any witchy library.
- Pursell, J.J. Naturopathic Doctor, Certified Herbalist, The Herbal Apothecary. I can say so much about this book I loved it. This book covers 100 Medicinal Herbs and exactly how to use them. It covers Herbal traditions to modern practice, basic human anatomy to plants from traditional ways: herbal directory and that is just some of the table of contents. This book being written by a doctor is great for you beginner herbalist and even professional ones as well the explanations in this book are great and I keep on reference.
- Kennedy, Ann, Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies. This book covers 150 Herbal remedies for alignment’s. She covers How to take the old ways and make them new, herbal kitchen, to a stock of recipes that even a beginner can follow. I loved this book and keep it handy for when I need a good go to recipes.
- Marie Noel Groves and Christopher Hobbs Ph.D., Body into Balance an Herbal Guide to Holistic Self Care.. Squee this book is amazing and informational to boot. If you wanted to take self care and infuse it with her love for herbalism then this is the book to do it with. This book covers 3 parts Part 1 The Foundations of Good Health, Part 2 Going Deeper and Tying it Together, and Part 3 Buying and Making Herbal Remedies. Definitely a wonderful read.
- Farr, Sarah. Healing Herbal Teas: Learn to Blend 101 Specially Formulated Teas for Stress Management, Common Ailments, Seasonal Health, and Immune Support . Storey Publishing, LLC. Kindle Edition. This is for my herbalist and tea drinkers who love teas and want to find one for just about any thing you come across in life from a cold to allergies and everything in between this is a great in depth look at how to make great tea blends to help heal you or your family.
- Grainger, Paula. Infuse: Herbal teas to cleanse, nourish and heal . Octopus Books. Kindle Edition. Now I was super impressed with this book because it is the first I have seen to go in depth explaining the art of tea making how to really connect with the herbs on a sensory level. I loved this book on it’s detail explanations on how to tell and blend herbs so you get the right taste and smell. Great reference guide and How to for beginners.
I hope these books inspire you as they have me, and there a permanent part of my e-book library and I hope to add them as a permanent staple to the book collection we already have.